Levante is known to have lodged a complaint to Spanish Football Federation by stating that Barcelona has fielded an ineligible player in the last sixteen matches of Copa del Rey said the La Liga side on Friday. In case RFEF rules against Barca who have refused to accept that they have broken the rules, they are going to be excluded from Copa that they have managed to win for the last four years and Levante will take their place at the quarter-finals.
Levante has stated that Juan Chumi, the defender from Barca was ineligible to play that Levante won by 2-1. He had been suspended from the B-team of Barca which he secured in one Spanish three-tier game Barcelona has won the Copa del Rey 30 times which is a record in itself. They won the second leg by 3-1 which gave them an aggregate of 4-2.
Josep Vives, the spokesperson from Barca has said that Chumi had been illegible to play because they had seen the RFEF Memo. According to this the suspension which the players incur for the reserve team needs to be served in the division where they play.
However, the hurdle to this complaint is that it has already expired on Monday. Albeit, RFEF has approved claims previously that had been made by the team even after the deadline passed. This has created quite a furor and made Levante file a complaint against Barcelona.