Last week the events between 28-years-old Brazilian and Chelsea wasn’t good at all. Since the very beginning of the summer, it has been clear that Costa won’t stay long in the squad.
After Antonio Conte have sent him a massage, Diego gave an explosive interview, where he told Chelsea chiefs literally treat him like a criminal. And Costa sees his future only in the old club — Atletico Madrid.
Jorge Mendes said they already agreed on terms of transfer, which will put the end to that long term drama. Atletico willing to pay 45 million euros with £10m as add-ons. But they won’t take any measures, before clubs having resolved all disagreements.
Chelsea are threatening Costa to fine for not showing up in the squad since he didn’t return from Brazil. Club owners insist on Diego’s meeting the contractual obligations, because he already missed last games. Still, the player doesn’t intend to return to Cobham training base.
When you start pre-season one week after the opening game ?
(via Diego Costa/Instagram) pic.twitter.com/biLBPFGifT
— ESPN UK (@ESPNUK) August 19, 2017
Atletico Madrid are ready to pay £50m for Diego Costa but Chelsea are now holding out for £60m. (Mail on Sunday)
— Transfer Centre (@CentreTransfer) August 20, 2017
— Chad (@ChelseaChadder) August 20, 2017
Chelsea have agreed a £50m fee for Diego Costa with Atletico Madrid to finally end transfer saga. #CFC (Sun)
— – (@ContehoIic) August 19, 2017
Antonio Conte dealing with the latest Diego Costa news in the best way possible ? pic.twitter.com/2ZV0j7PTZj
— B/R Football (@brfootball) August 18, 2017